Saturday, October 16, 2010

Afghanistan Through My Eyes

I was called out on yesterdays blog piece.
I wrote something that wasn't the total truth.
It was right to have been chastised for this because I want this blog to be only the truth, but somtimes it's hard to write. Truth can be difficult to articulate or face and sometimes it is evasive.

My dear friend who sent me the Jonny Mathis hit albums is definitely a dear friend, but also a past lover. I would have to say that this former lover was one of the most poignant relationships I have had. He being a writer and a Vietnam war veteran totally understands me. I don't think there is anyone who has hooked into me more.

I seem to be overloaded with emotion. Perhaps it is because I am waiting for a decision that will affect my life dramatically. Perhaps I am discovering how precious life is.

One thing that I have learned in life is that sometimes we learn to live around our own. I want to live through mine.