Friday, October 15, 2010

Afghanistan Through My Eyes

I was very tempted to contact Gabriel, my guardian angel at ISAF, but I knew he wouldn't know anything; so I didn't.

I'm trying to keep my mind busy, but everything reminds me of going to Afghanistan. It's funny to me how you always think about what you don't want to think about. Trying not to think of Afghanistan of course...makes me think of going to Afghanistan.

A dear friend of mine sent me an all hits Johnny Mathis album. The songs are so beautiful. They remind me of when I was young which makes me think of dancing close and necking with boys, which makes me think of young soldiers and there I am...back to Afghanistan.

I try not to check my email too often. I try to plan how I will react to the words that will read positive or negative. Positive and negative makes me think of blood and there I am back to Afghanistan.