Monday, October 11, 2010

Afghanistan Through My Eyes

The questions on the ISAF documents are very explicit. Which divisions do you want to embed with and what part of the country do you want to go to? Although, it also says you may not get what you want.

Strangely, I am comforted by this. It sounds just like the government I know. It promises me everthing, but in reality gives me nothing.

Within a few hours after sending my documents, I get an email from ISAF.
I open it with intrepidation. Surely I haven't been rejected all ready.

Just as I suspected, I had done something wrong. I didn't include this document and I didn't fill out another document. I carefully wrote down all of the instructions again. I needed five more documents scanned or filled out properly ASAP ordered Gabriel from ISAF.

Gabriel, and I have become email acquaintances. Mostly because I emailed him several times trying to clarify this or that. He has been very patient with me.

It is significant that his name is Gabriel, as I feel he is my guardian angel.