Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Afghanistan Through My Eyes

I still haven't heard and am on the fence.

while waitng I am reading all about the wars and researching the different styles of writing and reporting. It's interesting reading about WWII and the heroic efforts of each soldier. It'almost like reading a novel that talks about the greatness of America.

Reading about Vietnam is totally different. Its like reading about a great and horrible mistake. There are rare mentions of the person in the uniform accept when talking about the heroism of leading the troops into a specific battle or of commenting on the arrogance of their leadership and taking soldiers to their death. I've noticed when taking men into battle, they are troops. The personalization of WWII is gone.

Today I'm including a clip of someone who has become one of my personal hero's. I hope to meet her one day. She gets it. These soldiers are people first. Thank you to Dennis H.