Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Afghanistan Through My Eyes - red tape

Today I was interviewed by Matt at the Times Union Paper in Jacksonville. He was real easy to talk to and I probably said too much. I'd like to thank him for taking the time to come to my office and bring Bob Self the photographer. He took a picture of me in my flak vest and helmet. Ladies, I think I may be on to something here. Men seem very excited about these two items and want me to model them and try them on themselves. Some of the guys at my office really liked my helmet and were very impressed it was real.

An interesting fact: I spent a good portion of the day registering my helmet with the government and filling out forms etc. so I am allowed to take it through customs. Apparently Uncle Sam wants to make sure all of the helmets etc. return to the US. I didn't have to do a thing for my fabulous Israeli flak vest, made in Israel and shipped from Israel to me. Besides being so stylish I figure they know how to really make them over there...I will wear mine with pride and the helmet made in the good ol US of A too of course.

The following video shows NATO headquarters celebrating the Korean Lunar New Year. I'll let you know how we'll be celebrating on January 1st in Kabul at headquarters.