Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Afghanistan Through My Eyes

As the date gets nearer it's hard to believe that for my vacation time I'm going off to war in Afghanistan.

There are still a couple of hurdles that could prevent my going. I haven't gotten my helmet yet, but Juliette at USCav has assured me it will arrive on Thursday. I also haven't gotten my flak vest and I'm very concerned about this! The company I bought it from in Israel have assured me to be patient that the mail takes longer during the holidays...All I want from Santa is a level 4 ballistic flak vest.

When I first got this idea and started posting blogs, there was a certain thrill in watching soldiers fight...but now when I watch these videos, I see too clearly what I'm going to experience and it isn't thrilling at all, it's tragic.

I'm eager to know what makes these soldiers put on these uniforms and sign up for the job of being a soldier.