Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Afghanistan Through My Eyes

I heard from Gabriel. He let me know that 80% of the embeds happen. The only reason they don't is because the division requested isn't accepting embeds or there are too many reporters requesting time. He also wrote that the embed usually comes about two weeks before you go. EGAD! This means I better make an appointment to get all those inoculations.

Today on NPR radio I heard the sad statistic that suicides of soldiers has now surpassed all the soldiers killed the entire time we have been in Afghanistan.

Why, how could this happen?

Perhaps, it's because the atrocites of war aren't even imaginable. Worse, it's likely that when the soldier gets home and needs help there isn't any or it takes 3 months to see a psychiatrist or get therapy. Our VA hospitals are an embarrassement.