Friday, October 1, 2010

Afghanistan Through My Eyes

The first hurdle for me to go to Afghanistan is to get a press pass.

I had a press pass once. It was from CBS. During the Presidential election of 1972, when I was 14. My Mom was in charge of an election precinct. Apparently, results needed to be reported to CBS. My Mom believed that involving me would somehow make me interested in politics. For making this phone call and reporting the numbers to CBS I got this cool CBS press card, which I still have today...somewhere. It's not the kind of thing you throw out. It takes up no room and is very neat'O. In fact I carried it in my wallet until I was in my early twenties.

However, I don't think this particular press pass from 1972 will work. Especially, since it has on it in big bold letters, 1972 Election Coverage.