Saturday, February 25, 2012

Afghanistan Through My Eyes - Burning Qurans



NATO Pulls Advisers From Afghan Ministries


February 25, 2012
The commander of NATO and U.S. forces says that all NATO personnel are being recalled from Afghan ministries following an attack at the Interior Ministry in Kabul.
Gen. John Allen says staff are being recalled "for obvious force protection reasons." He says NATO is investigating Saturday's shooting and will pursue all leads to find the person responsible for the attack.
THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below. Click here
There is a news discrepancy here, if you continue and click on the AP's earlier story you will see a contribution by a reporter in Washington. This person is of course a fact checker and of course he is thousands of miles away. This is what makes me crazy about the news we get, it is disseminated through one or two reporters and journalists. Then there is a slant put on it by whomever the report is being published through.

I am eager to get back into Afghanistan and learn for myself what's really happening. In less than three weeks I will have my boots on the ground.