Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Afghanistan Through My Eyes - VAS

I haven't heard anything yet. But I'm not so worried anymore. If I don't get this embed I will try again. I am lucky enough to have the support of the 25th division thanks to Captain John. I almost feel like a poster girl. The 25 division will go back to Afghanistan in the spring and will request me by name. So I surely can get in then. If I'm lucky enough to get in during the holidays I will try and save my pennies to go back in the spring as it would be such an honor to be with them.

I wanted to mention a WARNING TO VETERANS

An organization called Veterans Affairs Services (VAS) is providing benefit and general information on VA and gathering personal information on veterans. This organization is not affiliated with VA in any way.
http://www.vaservices.org/us/index.html

VAS may be gaining access to military personnel through their close resemblance to the VA name and seal. Our Legal Counsel has requested that we coordinate with DoD to inform military installations, particularly mobilization sites, of this group and their lack of affiliation or endorsement by VA to provide any services.

In addition, GC requests that if you have any examples of VAS acts that violate chapter 59 of Title 38 United States Code, such as VAS employees assisting veterans in the preparation and presentation of claims for benefits, please pass any additional information to Mr.Daugherty at the address below.

Michael G. Daugherty
Staff Attorney
Department of Veterans Affairs
Office of General Counsel (022G2)
810 Vermont Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20420


Tomorrow I will be calling sweet Juliet at US Cav to order my ballistic helmet. I needed a letter from the Editor in Chief at Saturday Evening Post. I am so blessed to have so many people in my corner. I just received it tonight.