Monday, November 15, 2010

Inoculations...

I had 5 of my shots today and it was a breeze! I mentioned to the doctor at the travel clinic my trepidation and how I used to beg my parents to take me to the doctor's office, my Dad's office, because then Mrs. Zurek, his nurse, could give me the shots and they wouldn't hurt at all. This woman Rebecca, sure know's how to give a shot. I go back in a month to get the other 4.

Funny how you build things up so much in your head, but then when it happens it can be anticlimactic. I used to do that a lot more when I was younger. Everything was stressful or agonizing...going to school, swiming a race, taking a test, having your in-laws visit, then the day would come and it would be fine. I'm trying to take one day at a time, live one day at a time and just do what you need to do.

Did you ever notice the most humble and brave people do that. They just live life and don't think twice about it, it's deep inside of them like posture. It's integrity. I'd like to think everyone still has integrity, but they're saving it for something big, like the good crystal and dishes. Kind of stupid.