Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Veteran's Chapter

Tomorrow is a great day...Veteran's Day.
Make sure you thank all the Veteran's you meet for fighting for your freedom. If you can take part in a Veteran's Day Ceremony. There is nothing more moving.

Veteran's Day isn't about politics and shame on those who bring that in. It's about honoring the soldiers, the men and women who put on that uniform and do unspeakable things and witness horrors for a belief. It's about honor and respect for all the soldiers who didn't come home.

I can't wait to go to Afghanistan and give every soldier I meet a big 'MOM' hug. It's not much, but it's something I can do to let them know that me, a regular gal thinks about them everyday and thinks so much about them I'm putting myself on a plane and going to them. That's how much they mean to me. I want them all to come back and live lives doing something they love, because they can, because they're free to do so.

And you don't have to wait for Veteran's Day to say thank you to a Veteran, you can do it everytime you meet one.