Sunday, May 27, 2012

Afghanistan Through My Eyes - Memorial Day 2012


The journey of writing this book is only half over. I began it almost two years ago with a simple idea. I wanted to let our troops know that average, everyday people appreciate them for who they are.

I've met and talked with so many warriors, in the hundreds, and each one has been unique, yet the same. They all are part of a unit, a platoon, a battalion, a division and will take a bullet for whomever is standing next to them and for you and me here at home.

Memorial Day is a special day set aside to honor those that give service to their country. But like any day you can always thank a Veteran or a warrior in uniform. It's pretty easy, you just walk up and say thank you. You'd be surprised at what a smile it puts on their face, just to know a stranger has taken the time...a mere moment to thank them.

"“He is fighting for his life, and killing now for him is as much a profession as writing is for me.”
Ernie Pyle