Monday, December 6, 2010

Afghanistan Through My Eyes - freedom

I got to thinking about the person that gives up their life and puts on a uniform to go out and fight for freedom. I belive that the soldiers who fights in the US Forces is the only soldier who does that.

Other soldiers fight for property, or religious beliefs or to conquer, but the US soldier fights for freedom.

Freedom is the most powerful entity because with freedom you can believe in what you belive. Isn't belief what we teach our children is the crux of their life? Isn't belife what happiness is founded upon?

Our citizens, give up their families, the comfort of their homes, their jobs and all that they value for the core of what they hold dear...freedom. Who are these people and what kind of person does this for strangers? Would you do this?

It's quite amazing when you think about it. I don't know a lot of people who would risk their life for me even though they know me and love me, much less a stranger.

These soldiers, our soldiers are the real heroes.