Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Veteran's Chapter

And then there was Viet Nam.

"No event in American history is more misunderstood than the Vietnam War. It was misreported
then, and it is misremembered now."Richard Nixon, New York Times, March 28, 1985

I was nine in 1968 when the Tet Offensive occurred. My oldest brother who had attended NMMI, was drafted with a low number. As soon as he graduated from college he was going. I don't know if there was any talk about a choice. I believe it was expected.

From what I remember there was nothing good about Viet Nam. From what I know, there was nothing good about Viet Nam.

Who were the men wearing soldiers unforms? I know they were sons and brothers, but other than that they seemed to be the devil's helpers. Who ever they were, they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.