Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Afghanistan Through My Eyes - photos - D. Linder

Next time I'm getting out of the LATV!
Douglas Linder a Soldier in Afghanistan just sent out the most amazing pictures of Marjah, in Afghanistan. When you see the people of Afghanistan you can understand a lot. That is why it is difficult to make any judgements without being there.


It's like anything in life. Do you trust third person reporting? Things get distorted from one person to another. Reporters are doing a job, they work for a publication that has a slant. Their words are crafted to get published. Often the reporter is at the bureau office and getting his information from a feed.

There are very few journalists who go on their own dime. While it would have been wonderful to have backing for my trip. I was only obligated to write the facts that I saw clearly with my eyes through my words.

Douglas is heading back home to SF at the end of April. If I'm lucky maybe I'll get to see him before he goes.